Monday, May 28, 2007

Chapter 5: The Unknown World

I wore the necklace and ran as fast as I could to Lavieve. Thank God I arrived there on time, so I don’t need to make my boss angry.

And with his scary look, Coélzé stood next to me during my shift and sometimes he commented stupid things about the customer, which made me almost laughed my head off.

“Could you just stop commenting the customers?” I whispered really quietly.

“Hmph...Sorry...I just couldn’t stand looking at them! Look at that lady, she’s so ‘skinny’!” He whispered and he pointed to a REALLY big fat lady. I saw that lady and I smiled.

“Shut up, will ya?” I whispered again, “Don’t make me lose my concentration,”

He shrugged. “Fine,” he said.

“Anyways,” I murmured while making a vanilla frappuccino, “Does this necklace make the same effect like the sword?”

“I thought you told me to shut up,”

“Alright!” I hissed, “Just...tell me...”

“Well...actually, yeah. It’s kinda funny you know, so when people are attracted to your necklace or bracelet or earring and they actually touch it, their skin will be shredded,”

I poured the frappuccino into a glass and imagined what if Lythea touches it. Oh wow, that’ll be nice. I just couldn’t wait to see her face after she got her skin shredded.

“You shouldn’t really do that to her, you know,” Coélzé said suddenly.

I raised my left eyebrow. “You can read minds?”

“Not everyone’s minds, just the sword holder,” he explained.

“Why does it have to be so unfair for me?” I asked quietly.

“Well...that’s the way we work, you know...”

After Coélzé said that, we didn’t really talk until I change shift with Rioe, my friend at Lavieve. Or perhaps, my only friend.

When I went home, it was already about 8 pm and I went to a store to buy a mask. Coélzé helped me in choosing the mask anyways.

After a few short arguments, I bought a white mask that only covers your eyes and half of your nose. So it’s like a mask that people wear to mask parties. About the color...well, I can paint it black when I got home.

At home...

I walked to my room and locked the door. Then, Coélzé transformed into his humanoid look. Wow, he’s so gorgeous.

With that short, spiky brunet hair...those sparkling hazel eyes...Even I admit it.

Okay, let’s forget about it.

I sat in front of my computer and did a little research about the high-level criminals. I don’t wanna kill someone (or shred their skin) who only did a small mistake.

While waiting for the whole research data, I painted the mask I bought earlier in black.

“You know...” I said to Coélzé, “I think you’re still hiding something...can you tell me a bit more about yourself?”

Coélzé seemed like he was shocked to hear that. He cleared his throat and he said, “Do you mean that you want to know more about Devengails?”

I nodded. “I’d love to hear that. I think it sounds kinda mystique...”

“Alright then,” he began his story, “Devengails are half-breeds. You know, like Devils or Angels...but we’re not like them. We’re not commanded by God directly,

There are some Lagens, they’re Devengails’ bosses, and they’re just a bit below Angels. There are The Sword Maker, The Element, The Ring Keeper, The Flower Mistress and then...The Key Master, The Prophecy, The Wiseman, The Fairy, and The Joker. They’re Lagens with their own special powers and they’re commanded directly by the Angels. And as you know, I work for The Sword Maker...”

“So...there are only 9 Lagens?” I cut him.

“Well...there is one more Lagen...but she betrayed the Angels and now she’s commanded by the Devils. She’s The Night Hunter,”

“Oh...I see. But the Devengails aren’t like slaves, right?”

“Of course we’re not slaves! We work for Lagens, and they pay us with our own special powers – like I can transform into a human – and immortality. I won’t die except The Sword Maker kills me,”

I just nodded in an understanding look. “Well...how about your friend? You know, the one whose name was borrowed by me?”

“Oh...Do you mean Lhoécca? Well...we don’t really work together...she works with The Fairy,”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Saya belum baca semua tulisan anda, namun saran saya, Kontraskan tulisan anda sehingga mata orang tidak lelah membaca blog anda. Pakailah warna putih terang untuk Font anda dan jangan pilih warna merah pekat untuk Headingnya..

Background hitam itu sudah nice karena tidak melelahkan mata.

Cerita yang baik tanpa didukung penampilan yang baik juga belum tentu digemari.

Thx

Unknown said...

But, I will bookmarked you for later reading. Thx

Virenne said...

thanks banget sarannya ^^ nanti akan kuganti