Friday, May 25, 2007

Chapter 1: The Beginning

The song ‘Shot’ from The Rasmus rang through my ears from my hand phone as it woke me up.

I yawned and walked lazily to Ekren’s bedroom. I knocked the door.

“Ekren, wake up now, you have to go to school,” I said from outside and after he replied, “Alright,” I walked to my bathroom and took a shower.

By the way, where did my manner go, my name is Constantina Serenity Kayne Uhryngel Leia Lonavee. I don’t know where the heck my parents got my name. As a result, my friends call me Constantina SKULL from the initials of the 5 last names.

Well, they’re not really my friends, they’re just my schoolmates in my school, the Eternity High.

Oh, and I’m still 15 while Ekren is 13 so I have to take care of him because my mom passed away after she gave birth to Ekren while my dad is a laborer.

I think my life is quite satisfying because of my Grandpa’s money. At least we still have something to eat. I also have some money from my part-time job salary.

I never liked school, I’d prefer working full-time job because I love my job. I work in the biggest café in Gornéz, the town where I live. The café is called ‘Lavieve’.

After I finished taking a shower, I walked to my room and dressed in a black short-sleeved shirt with a skull printed at the front of it, my favorite black jeans, and a black jacket.

I brushed my shoulder-length hair and used a semi-permanent highlighter on them so now my hair is complete with red strikes.

After I got dressed, I went downstairs and cooked breakfast.

“Ekren!!! Breakfast’s ready!” I yelled. Ekren ran downstairs and walked to me.

“Heya sistah!” He greeted. I just looked at him.

“So, new girlfriend?” I asked. I already knew, if Ekren talks to me like that, he has a new girlfriend.

Ekren just grinned. “Uh-huh,”

“I would’ve guessed,” I said and continued eating my French toast, “So, is she the fourth girlfriend?”

He shook his head. “Nope, she’s the fifth. By the way, sis, when will you get a boyfriend?”

“Not even close. I better waste my time to work for you and Dad or to keep my role as a straight A+ student,”

“Sis, I think you’re the first Goth girl and a straight A+ student ever,”

“Whatever,” I sighed, “Where’s Dad anyway?”

“Gone for work, I didn’t see him in his bedroom or anywhere else,”

“Oh,” I stood up and washed my plate, “So, don’t forget to lock the door and...”

“...Leave the keys under the white rose vase before I leave, I know, sis,” Ekren continued. I shrugged.

“And MAKE SURE you do that. Or I’ll make YOU be responsible if someone went into the house and took MY leather jacket AND my stupid highlighter!”

“Sis! I’m not a kid anymore, ‘kay?!” Ekren protested.

I sighed and walked out of the house to school. Fortunately, Eternity High is just a couple of blocks from my house so I can just walk.

I have no friends at school, no one wants to be my friend. I don’t think I want one either.

I haven’t found someone who is as Goth as I am...yet.

Most of the girls in Eternity High are the oh-so-pretty girls or cheerleaders. I hate them.

I’m not even close with the boys!

No one would actually talk to me or look at me in the eye. And no one calls me Constantina, they call me SKULL.

When I arrived at school, I walked to my locker and picked my math book. But when I was going to the class, some girls got in my way.

I looked at them. Ah, the seniors.

I’m sooo gonna have some fun.


2 comments:

Kairei said...

'Review' Bab 2:

~ Ide inisial nama SKULL boleh juga, tapi yang gua bingung: sebenernya dia orang apa? (gua nggak tau kota Gornez) Koq namanya aneh gitu? Nama adeknya en temen2xnya juga aneh. Karena 'setting' cerita kamu bukan fantasi, ada baiknya memakai nama yang normal2x aja biar terkesan lebih realistis en natural.

~ Anak umur 13 taon yang udah punya 5 pacar...? o_0; Wow... mecahin rekor, tuh! XD

~ "“And MAKE SURE you do that. Or I’ll make YOU be responsible if someone went into the house and took MY leather jacket AND my stupid highlighter!”"

--> Kenapa dia maki 'highlighter'-nya sendiri? Kayaknya rada aneh...

~ Yang kalimat terakhir itu sarkasme, bukan? Ato emank dia udah punya rencana buat ngerjain seniornya? Soalnya ini ada hubungannya ama bab berikutnya.

~ Plotnya... rada Amrik gitu, yah? Pemandu sorak, co-co berbadan gede nyebelin, tokoh utama yang sarkastik... Hehe, suka film ama komik Amrik, yah? Saran gua kalo mau diterbitin di Indo (hanya KALAU mau diterbitin di INDO), jangan terlalu Amrik... Kayaknya editor sini lebih suka cerita yang 'membudaya' (najis, dah, gua juga nggak setuju, sih).

~ Deskripsi di sini udah lebih bagus. Sisi sarkastik-humoris si tokoh utama juga lucu. Terus berjuang! ;-)

Virenne said...

hahaha thanks XD

umm emang ini setting SUPER FANTASY jadi ini seperti 'dunia Lord of the Rings' tapi versi 'gue' makanya menurut orang laen hal ini lumayan 'baru'.

kenapa gw pake fantasi gw sendiri? karena gw nulis bukan untuk nyari duit :P tapi gw nulis untuk lebih membebaskan ide2 gila yang ada di kepala gw...dan itu gw mau sebebas2 gw...

*tsahhh* gw terpesona pada Chairil Anwar yang menulis sesukanya dia walaupun dianggep 'aneh' di jamannya...tapi gak mengapa, karena inilah 'gue', inilah 'dunia imajinasi gue', welcome to my wild imagination! =D

thanks for the comments :P cerita ini emang banyak sarkasme nya :P