Monday, May 28, 2007

Chapter 3: Skull Sword

With that guy sitting on the floor in pain, I picked my bag and said, “Anyone wanna taste that?”

Then, Lythea showed up. “Don’t think you’re so strong, SKULL...”

“Oh yeah?!” I cut her, “Then why didn’t you step up and fight me, huh? Don’t wanna break a nail? What if I break your legs?”

Without waiting for any answer, I walked through them and walked home.

On my way home, I just couldn’t stop murmuring to myself that my seniors are idiots. And...oops!

I think I stepped on something.

I lifted my foot and saw a sword. A real sword, and it was the first sword I’ve ever seen in my life.

I bent down and picked it up. It was actually really cool, you know. The sword was shiny with no stains, it wasn’t too long or too short, and the coolest thing is: the hand-hold is skull-shaped.

I took a good look on it carefully, didn’t want my hand to get cut.

Then, I walked home with the sword in my hands. When I arrived, Ekren and Dad hadn’t come home yet. Maybe Ekren is now having a date with his new girlfriend.

I took the key from beneath the white rose vase and went inside and locked the door again.

I walked upstairs and still holding that sword with extra-care. When I got inside my room, I locked the door and put the sword on my table.

I sat on a chair in front of my table and took another good look at the sword.

“You’re actually really cool, I’m really lucky to have you,” I said slowly and caressed the sword. But then I stopped when I felt something was weird about the sword.

On the blade, I saw a writing that said ‘SKULL’. Whoa, does it have anything to do with me?

I finally gave up because I’m supposed to go for my part-time job in an hour. But when I turned my back, I saw something...really shocking.

There it was...a tall, skinny, scary-looking creature...standing in front of me. I yelled by reflex.

“AAAAARGH!!!”

“Ssssh...it’s okay, I’m not gonna hurt you, Constantina,” it said as it covered my mouth with its cold hand. Funny, it was the only one who calls me Constantina.

After it made sure I’ve calmed down, it let go of my mouth, but I was still speechless.

“Sorry if I shock you, but before I tell you anything more, I think I’ll just change myself,” it said and it suddenly changed into a REALLY DROP DEAD GORGEOUS guy, “now we can talk freely,”

I took a deep breath and I encouraged myself to ask him, “Who are...you?”

“Ah...well...my name’s Coélzé and I’m not a human, I’m a Devengail,” he explained.

“A what?”

“Devengail. It’s hard to explain. Anyway, congratulations for picking that sword,” he said and pointed to the sword I élzé. I was wondering, why didn’t you just show up as a guy?” I asked, already got rid of my nerves.

“Technically, this isn’t my real body. The scary me that you saw earlier was the real me. I’m sorry,” he grinned.

“Oh. No, I’m cool with it. Anyway, what is this sword?”

“That’s the Skull Sword. Maybe you haven’t heard of it, because this is the first time ever for the Skull Sword to be thrown onto the earth,” he explained.

“This skull sword was thrown to the earth?” I raised my left eyebrow.

“Yep. And then, The Sword Maker chose me to guide this sword, and I saw your fight with your senior at school, and I was truly impressed, so I put the skull sword on your way home,”

“Oh...thanks. Anyways, what does this sword do?”

“As you see, this sword is called the skull sword, and you have to use it to fight criminals. Here are some rules though that you should remember:

One, if you cut someone else’s body or any parts of their body, their skin will be shredded down till the last of the bones...”


No comments: